Just got back from taking a trip to the Outer Banks of North Carolina, it was BEAutiful!!
Going on trips can be costly, BUT you can also save a bit of money if you know how to go about it. Here are a few of my ideas as to how to save…
- Check out the hotel you stay at, they have great coupon books and visitor guides full of coupons for restaurants, activities, and shopping in the area.
- If you happen to be at the hotel on a Sunday, check with the front desk, they may have a Sunday paper FULL of coupons for FREE for you to take!
- Book your hotel with a 3rd party site (Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, etc.) for up to 50% off of your hotel stay!
- If you don’t book through 3rd party sites, use your AAA card (American Automobile Association) they can possibly save you 10-15% off of the rate at some hotels!
- Pack a cooler with food and drinks (that you get at great prices using coupons!) so you spend less money on going out to eat.
- Check with your hotel to see if they have a FREE breakfast (We had FREE breakfast for 3 mornings at the hotels where we stayed!) Also grab a few extra items during the free breakfast to munch on during your trip (like fruit cups, yogurt, bagels, etc.) Fill up a water bottle with juice too (saves more money on drinks!)
** All in all we saved A LOT of money by doing all of the above, PLUS got a free paper and coupons on the last day of our trip!! HOW AWSOME IS THAT!!**
- Also, check out Tanger Outlets if one is in the area where you are vacationing. If you present your AAA card (American Automobile Association) at the customer service office you’ll receive a FREE coupon booklet (purchase price is $3.00) with hundreds of dollars in coupons!